Thursday, January 28, 2010

:] about me.

Well hello. I'm Katie. I was born and raised in Texas, where I spent the first sixteen years of my life. Needless to say, I was drug across the country to the small town of Laurel, Montana during my sophomore year of high school. Some of you are probably wondering why I ended up here instead of somewhere else, but it all started when my dad passed away when I was nine. Ever since then, it had just been me and my mom, and she finally found someone that made her just as happy as my dad once did. I think everyone has a lot of love to give to the right person, and therefore, not moving away would have just been selfish of me. Leaving home was one of the hardest things I'd ever done, but now I wouldn't change it for the world. Montana is beautiful, and I'm thankful for the three short years I've spent here so far. They say you never forget where you came from, but I'm glad I got the opportunity to see other places as well. I've made many close friends, while still keeping in touch with the ones far away.

So anyway, enough about the home life. During high school, I wasn't really into sports. I spent a good chunk of my life dancing, but not anymore. I don't partake in snow sports either, just because I don't necessarily like the snow...or at least walking/driving in it. Unlike most people here in Montana, I don't like extremely cold weather... probably just because I wasn't exposed to it as a kid. During my free time though, I do enjoy swimming, playing frisbee, four-wheeling, running, and camping. (mainly things that involve warm weather)

The other nine months are spent focusing on school. As of late, I'm a print journalism major, but I'm not sure if I'll stick with that after all. History and English are my favorite subjects, yet I'm relatively good at math. I can't say the same about science though. It's never been easy for me, so I just try and steer clear of it at all costs. :] Welp, that's about all I have. I think the whole blogging thing is different, but I like it so far. I mean, it's our first post, so my mind could change by the end of the semester...yet I'm hoping not! Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment