So, I realize this post is supposed to be about food, but I'm going to focus on the opposite of just that...lack of food. All in all, it ties together!
Anorexia Nervosa, aka... Anorexia is an eating disorder that deals with out-of-control dieting. Not only does it deal with dieting, but it also is formed psychologically. Eventually it becomes an addiction or an obsession that is hard to break. (www.revolutionhealth.com)
Whenever I see ads on anorexia, I get a weird feeling in my stomach, because being emaciated and underweight went out of style a while ago. Maintaining body weight and exercising are probably better routes to take when worried about your figure. Not only does the sight of seeing people starve make me uneasy, but I like food a lot...so I don't see how people don't eat. I guess once your body gets used to it, it's easier...but dang.
Also I read that anorexia symptoms are usually seen in girls who are already underweight or within range of their BMI's. That seems crazy to me how two people can look at the same thing and see something totally different. While girls obsess over being super thin, other people look at them and think they're crazy for thinking they need to harm their bodies. (www.familydoctor.org)
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Anorexia has less to do with food and more to do with feeling out of control - so young girls fixate on this one thing in their life as the one thing they feel that they have control over. It's a complicated and really difficult disease to overcome.
ReplyDelete