Sunday, January 31, 2010

Enneagram Results!

After taking the Enneagram test, I was informed that I was a 9 on the chart -- 9 meaning I'm calm, laid back, and optimistic. It also says that I'm able to see different point of views in situations.

Yahtzee! I agree with the scoring that I recieved, mainly because I really do see two sides to most stories, both of which usually make sense in some way. Also, I believe I'm very optimistic and do believe that there is good in everyone as well as every situation...even though sometimes I'm proven wrong. Still, I like to think that way. Although I am laid-back, sometimes I can get worked up about things. It really just depends on the situation. I don't bother caring about little things, but if there's something I strongly believe in, I'll express myself in some way.

Under the "behavioral motivation types" my top percentage was calm-ness, followed by adventurousness. I am very out-going in certain scenarios, but shy in others. I do find fun in being spontaneous, because always being predictable and routine just seems boring to me. Adventurousness was followed by perfectionism as my next highest percentage. Um, I half-heartedly agree with this. I like to perfect school work as well as keep a clean room...stuff of that sort, but there are inner qualities, as well as outer qualities that I believe are far from perfect. As much as I work on them, I believe imperfections are what make people beautiful, strange as that may seem to all of you. I'm not saying I like when people are unkind, because I don't, but there are little quirks about people that make them their own person.

Overall, this test seemed pretty accurate. Kudos to that!

1 comment:

  1. psychology says that all "personality" really is is a series of defense mechanisms, i.e. coping mechanisms we adopt to navigate through this harsh, cruel world. So in that sense, imperfections do make us quirky and beautiful. I agree.

    ReplyDelete